Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?

"...Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?"
--Abraham "bargaining" with God for the City of Sodom, Genesis 18:25


Knowing that the "Judge of all the earth", God, will deal justly (do right -KJV) is both a comforting and terrifying thought. Comforting to know that all the injustices in this world will be justly dealt with. That all the wrongs will be made right. That all the evil deeds done will be dealt with. But it is also terrifying because how many times have I dealt unjustly? How many wrongs have I not made right? How many evil deeds have I done?

Thank the LORD that He has made a way to be made right with Him. Through faith in Christ Jesus my injustices, my wrongs, my evil deeds, my sins will be counted against Christ on that great Day of Judgment. In light of this help me to do justly, rightly, and forsake the evil ways of my “old man” in this present age.

No comments: